- Social prescribing NHS Futures collaboration platform – an online network for sharing resources and for discussion. Membership is open to link workers, PCNs and colleagues involved in social prescribing. To join email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary Guide – gives a clear picture of what a good social prescribing scheme looks like. It also includes a Common Outcomes Framework to help measure the impact of social prescribing on people, the local system, and the voluntary and community sector.
- Reference Guide for PCNs – provides information on setting up social prescribing services including support for recruitment, induction and supervision. It also outlines what quality assurance measures are necessary, and how information can be gathered to help develop a consistent evidence base for social prescribing.
- PCN toolkit (technical annex) provides templates and guides to support PCNs in implementing social prescribing.
- Welcome and induction pack for link workers in primary care networks.
- Handout for practice staff to give to people who are referred to a social prescribing link worker.
- Accredited online training:
- Introduction to the social prescribing link worker role
- Developing personalised care and support plans with people
- Developing partnerships
- Introducing people to community groups and VCSE organisations
- Safeguarding vulnerable people
- Keeping records and measuring impact
- Supporting people with their mental health through social prescribing
- Social welfare, legal support and money guidance
- Supporting children and young people through social prescribing (to follow)
- Social prescribing and the Armed Forces Community
- Culturally responsive practice (to follow)
A regular series of webinars including training and development for link workers, plus for a monthly webinar for a broader audience, such as workforce leads, commissioners, GP’s, voluntary sector partners and key stakeholders, showcases some of the best practice exemplars from across the regions.
All recordings and presentations used on previous webinars are available on the social prescribing Future NHS collaboration platform. If you are not already a member email email@example.com.
The current series of webinars is focussing on support for link workers who are responding to the coronavirus pandemic and health inequalities. More details are on the social prescribing Future NHS collaboration platform.