- Social prescribing – the power of time and connections: Arabella’s life was turned around when her doctor referred her to a link worker.
- Robert’s Story: Robert turned his life around with the help of a ‘Link Service’ which connected him to vital local support and services and got him off the streets and alcohol.
- Robyn’s story: A personal health budget has given Robyn control of her life and allowed her to start living again for the first time since her spinal injury.
- Flexible funding gave Dylan his independence and provided on-going savings.
- Mrs Davis’ story: Personalised care is helping to break the cycle of Mrs Davis’ reoccurring leg ulcers.
- Zara’s story: Offering real choice helped Zara have the birth experience that she most wanted.
- Mrs C’s story: A comprehensive approach to personalised ‘end of life’ care.
- Joan’s story: How small changes helped to give Joan confidence to better manage her on-going health and care.
- A primary care navigator helped John to get his life back and address his ongoing health and social needs.
- Social prescribing linked me to art which saved my life.
- Derek’s story: With the help of flexible care funding, Shared Lives schemes are helping people like Derek to turn their lives around by offering community support from local families, as an alternative to residential care.
- Jackie and Kingston’s story: Jackie’s personal health budget pays for her assistance dog Kingston, who helps manage her physical disabilities and emotional wellbeing. He has given her a new lease of life as well as saving the NHS money.
- Social prescribing represents the most effective, wide reaching and life changing of all initiatives to date: a GP’s perspective.
- Health Coaches working with GPS to help people with Long Term Conditions in Yeovil.
- Shared Decision Making: a physiotherapist’s perspective.
- How a personalised care approach can help people with drug and alcohol issues.
Local integration of health and care
- Personalised care is helping people with dementia in Luton.
- Showing the birth options lead to more woman having the birth they wanted.
- Personal Health Budgets in Warrington helped people at the end of their life.
- Frail older people given more choice and control in Hertfordshire.
See Personalised Care Case Studies for more case studies.