Creating a new NHS England: Health Education England, NHS Digital and NHS England have merged. Learn more.
This resource is designed to help trust boards, or their equivalents, in assessing whether previous alerts and guidance around nasogastric tubes have been implemented and embedded within their organisations.
The resource set includes:
- a summary of the safety critical requirements of previous alerts
- a review of reported incidents and investigation summaries
- suggested areas for self-assessment and commissioner assurance
- links to related resources and guidance
- suggestions for further guidance and research
This short animation explains that it must only ever be staff with the right training who confirm the correct placement of a nasogastric tube.