Our advice for clinicians on the coronavirus is here.
If you are a member of the public looking for information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), including information about the COVID-19 vaccine, go to the NHS website. You can also find guidance and support on the GOV.UK website.
This resource is designed to help trust boards, or their equivalents, in assessing whether previous alerts and guidance around nasogastric tubes have been implemented and embedded within their organisations.
The resource set includes:
- a summary of the safety critical requirements of previous alerts
- a review of reported incidents and investigation summaries
- suggested areas for self-assessment and commissioner assurance
- links to related resources and guidance
- suggestions for further guidance and research
This short animation explains that it must only ever be staff with the right training who confirm the correct placement of a nasogastric tube.