Gateway Publication Reference 03237
NHS England and Monitor have published a package of materials designed to assist providers and commissioners implement the Enhanced Tariff Option (ETO) in 2015/16.
The Guide to the ETO for 2015/16 should be read in conjunction with the Q&A document.
The materials published as part of this package are:
- Guide to the ETO for 2015/16
Commissioners now need to upload their local variations through Monitor’s online portal. Further guidance on how to complete and submit the local variations template is also available on Monitor’s website.
- ETO spreadsheet, which includes prices
- ETO high cost drugs, devices and listed procedures
- ETO specialised commissioning risk share worked example
- Guidance on MFF payment values for 2015/16
- ETO Local Variations template*
- 2015/16 local payment grouper
* The ETO variation package is an exceptional case where a very large number of variations on one template is acceptable. This does not change the general policy and practice in other cases, in that variations should generally be grouped together only if they affect a number of related services.