Robotic process automation (RPA) is software which can automate manual, computer-based tasks. RPA can benefit and assist the transformation of trust corporate services.
RPA software uses virtual workers to mimick the way humans interact with applications on a computer. As a result, entire digital business processes can be performed without any human intervention, at a greater speed and reliability.
What benefits does RPA bring to NHS trusts?
Our experience of RPA has found the following potential benefits to the NHS:
- RPA can operate applications at a typically greater speed than humans.
- Virtual workers have near 24/7 availability with downtime only occurring to perform system updates.
- As a result, an RPA virtual worker’s output can be the equivalent of up to 8 full time equivalent humans.
- RPA can drive efficiencies in corporate services by replacing humans in undertaking manual data entry, high volume work.
- RPA can be used to link legacy systems together in the same way a human would (although at greater speed). This may help save unnecessary investment in new systems or software.
- Automating processes using RPA can often be quick to implement and lead to a return on investment in less that 12 months.
Quality and Compliance
- RPA can reduce business and compliance risk as it eliminates human error.
- Employees’ workload could become more varied, valuable and interesting due to a reduction in manual data entry based tasks.
For more information on how your trust can benefit from RPA, please contact our corporate services team: email@example.com