The South East region senior management team is made up of:
- Regional Director
- Regional Medical Director, higher level Responsible Officer and Chief Clinical Information Officer
- Director of Workforce and Organisational Development
- Director of Performance and Improvement
- Director of Finance
- Director of Commissioning
- Director of Strategy and Transformation
Anne Eden – Regional Director (South East)
- Anne was previously Director of Delivery and Development in the South of England for the NHS Trust Development Authority (TDA).
- She has more than 30 years’ experience in the NHS with experience in acute and teaching hospitals, mental health, community and specialist services.
- Anne joined Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust as Chief Executive in December 2006, led the integration of the county’s acute and community services in 2010 and consolidated acute, emergency, women and children’s services.
- She is also visiting professor at Bucks New University and advisor to the faculty of society and health, supporting the Institute of Applied Leadership’s MA in Leadership and Management programme.
Vaughan Lewis – Regional Medical Director, higher level Responsible Officer and Chief Clinical Information Officer (South East)
- Vaughan trained in Oxford, Bristol and Australia. He was a consultant paediatrician in Exeter from 2002 to 2015 during which time he held clinical management roles including Trust Medical Director and Chair of the South West Clinical Senate. In 2015, he was appointed as the NHS South Regional Medical Director for Specialised Commissioning.
- As South East Regional Medical Director his roles include providing clinical leadership and support to NHS organisations and system leaders across the South East including Cancer Alliances, Academic Health Science Networks, Integrated Care Systems, Clinical Networks and Senates as well all NHS provider organisations.
- The Regional Medical Director is also the higher level Responsible Officer. This is an important assurance role, ensuring, on behalf of NHS England, that doctors working in any setting in the region are supported to comply with GMC requirements for medical revalidation.
- Vaughan is also the Chief Clinical Information Officer (CCIO) and will be working with the regional digital team to deliver a wide-ranging programme to upgrade technology and digitally enabled care across the NHS as set out in the Long Term Plan.
Caroline Beardall – Director of Workforce and OD (South East)
- Caroline previously worked with NHS Improvement as Director of Organisational Effectiveness.
- Prior to working with NHS Improvement, Caroline held director roles at Sussex Community NHS Trust, and Barts Health NHS Trust.
- She has a healthcare, defence and development background, and has led discovery, design and delivery in national and local environments and at both strategic and operational level.
Claudia Griffith – Director of Performance and Improvement (South East)
- Claudia was formerly the Chief Operating Officer of NHS England and NHS Improvement for the South East. Prior to this she was Chief Operating Officer for NHS Improvement South Region.
- Before joining NHS Improvement Claudia was the Acting South Region Regional Director for Monitor, responsible for the regulatory oversight of Foundation Trusts across the entire South Region.
- Claudia has a Ph.D in Anatomy and Medical Physics and is also a qualified accountant, having previously worked for KPMG, first as an audit manager and then as a Senior Manager in Private Equity Transaction Services.
- Claudia’s current portfolio and prior health sector experience includes: Performance, including oversight of delivery of key constitutional standards, Delivery of Transformation programmes, including UEC and Elective care, Planning, EPRR, Intensive support to challenged systems, System improvement (RightCare, GiRFT and Operational Productivity), Service Improvement.
Hannah Hamilton – Finance Director (South East)
- Hannah was previously Regional Director of Finance in the South of England for NHS England since September 2017, having responsibility for overseeing the South East Region allocated healthcare budget across 30 providers, 32 CCGs, direct and specialised commissioning and internal budgets.
- She joined the NHS from the private sector in 2014, having completed the NHS Executive Fast Track programme, an initiative which seeks to attract experienced leaders to join the NHS, bringing their experience, leadership and fresh perspectives.
- Since joining the NHS Hannah has also worked in director roles in acute trusts.
Janet Meek – Director of Commissioning (South East)
- Janet was previously Regional Director of Specialised Commissioning for the NHS England South region.
- Prior to this Janet held a number of senior finance roles including NHS England Regional Director of Finance (South), Chief Finance Officer for four CCGs in Berkshire West with a remit for finance, governance, operational planning and performance, Director of Finance and Performance for Berkshire East and West PCTs and Director of Finance for the South Central Strategic Health Authority.
- She has over 25 years of experience in all sectors of the NHS – providers, regulators and commissioners with director roles in commissioning, finance and governance.
David Radbourne – Director of Strategy and Transformation (South East)
- David was previously Director for Commissioning Operations for NHS England for Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Thames Valley, working with the local NHS and partners to support the delivery of the Five Year Forward View in the area.
- He has been with the NHS since 1995 working in a variety of roles including with providers, commissioners and Strategic Health Authorities.
- David joined NHS England in July 2016 as Regional Director of Assurance and Delivery for NHS England South and prior to that led the West Hertfordshire Whole System Strategic Review and was Chief Operating Officer for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.