The aim of the MCN is to offer a way of working where commissioners and providers of Oral health Improvement from all settings across Kent Surrey and Sussex work towards reducing the inequalities in Oral Health.
The MCN will communicate clear statements regarding improvements that patients and those purchasing OHP (Oral Health Promotion) / Improvement activity can expect, such as:
- Increase flexibility and more efficient use of the skills within teams and of the available resources
- Improve communication between service providers and recipients.
- Develop and implement needs-led and evidence- based OHP/I provision to improve equity of access and ensure parity of outcome
- Improve quality and value regardless of setting
- Provide specialist advice to LDNs and commissioners to support the commissioning function and influence service specifications to seek high value and quality service
- Offer MCN Members the opportunities to be innovative in order to achieve improved outcomes and efficiencies, stimulate new ways of working and be an integral and valued component of the commissioning process
- Be aware of the current workforce, the opportunities to enhance skill mix, advise on continuing professional development (CPD), education and training requirements and suggest how educational programmes can be adapted to meet future needs
The Committee will have representatives from all branches of the dental profession:
- Chair / Co-Chairs
- Business Support Officer – NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Local Authorities representatives from Kent, Sussex and Surrey
- Local Dental Committee representatives from Kent, Sussex and Surrey
- Representatives from Health Education England London and KSS branch
- Public representatives from Health Watch
- Dental services representatives from Community Dental sector
- Dental Public Health/Public Health consultant
- Other co-opted members as required – including Dental Core Trainees with PHE rotation within their training job plan
Enquires: Gemma Michael – Business Support Officer NHS England and NHS Improvement – firstname.lastname@example.org.