The Local Dental Network is hosted and supported by NHS England South. The LDN enables dental stakeholders to share ideas and feed back to the regional team. This is a great opportunity to influence delivery of NHS dental services across the whole dental pathway including primary care, hospital and community care in and out of hours.
- A clinically-led Steering Group at the core
- A wider network of clinicians and stakeholders with opportunities to be involved in service improvement
- Engagement with the wider community of practitioners, practice owners and others involved in providing services, as well as patients and stakeholders.
The aims of the LDN are to provide a vehicle for clinically led and clinically owned delivery of:
- Quality improvements
- Best outcomes for patients that reflect local need
- Best use of NHS resources
- Planning and delivering integrated care pathways
- Strategies for service planning and health improvements
- Leadership and engagement
- Workforce planning and development
The structure of the Kent and Medway Local Dental Network is based on a three layer model: a small core team, a larger group of expertise and an outer supportive network of stakeholders and partners:
Managed Clinical Networks
The LDN is supported by a number of Managed Clinical Networks (MCNs) that feed into the main LDN meetings. You can find out more about these on our Managed Clinical Networks page.