Terms of reference
The Kent Oral Health Promotion Network represents the dental profession in Kent. The Committee will advise the Local Dental Network on oral heal promotion matters through the Chair.
- to improve the oral health of the residents of Kent through partnership working,
- building healthy public policy, strengthening community action, creating supportive environments, developing personal skills and re-orientating health services
- Provide input into Local Dental Network in order to facilitate and effect the commissioning of dental provision.
- Regularly review oral health promotion activities to ensure they are consistent with current scientific basis and evaluated good working practice.
- Reduce inequalities in oral health
- Work in partnership with health, education, social and community care to integrate oral health into their policies and programmes.
- Maximise Primary and Secondary Care involvement in oral health promotion activities
- Review national guidance on oral health promotion for incorporation into Kent’s programmes
The Committee will have representatives from all branches of the dental profession:
- Six members representative of dental practitioners in the Kent area and nominated by the Kent Local Dental Committee
- Two BDA members – one from Canterbury section, and one from West Kent section
- Six members representative of the hospital service from the Acute Hospital Trusts – nominated by the consultants to reflect the different specialties
- Four members from the Salaried Primary Care Dental Services
- Dental Practice Advisors to the NHS England Area Team Kent
- The Consultant in Dental Public Health, the Clinical Directors of the salaried services in Kent, the Specialist Registrars in Dental Public Health, the Postgraduate Dental Dean and Deanery Tutors will be ex-officio members.
- The Committee may co-opt not more than two additional non-voting members
- Membership shall be annually renewable on the advice from the representative organisations
- The Committee shall elect a Chair and deputy Chair. The Chair shall be elected for three years but will be eligible for re-election.
- The Chair (or deputy chair) will have an automatic seat on the Local Dental Network
Members of the Oral Health Promotion Managed Clinical Network
Mary Henderson – Chair/ Dental Clinical Director
Brett Duane – Consultant Dental Public Health
Doreen Frame – Medway Community Healthcare
Sarah Haydon – Medway LA
Maura Flynn – KCC LA
Mark Nugent – LDC
Uj Patel – LDC
Julian Unter – LDC
Mike Watts – BDA