The two Dental Local Dental Networks (LDN) across Kent Surrey and Sussex are hosted and supported by the NHS England South (South East) regional team. All dental stakeholders should have a voice that can then be carried forward to the regional team. This is a great opportunity to influence delivery of NHS dental services across the whole dental pathway including primary care, hospital and community care in and out of hours.
A core LDN group covering KSS provides strategic direction and over-sight and supports commissioning in developing dental service improvement and change taking into account the “patient voice”. Members are not appointed to represent a professional interest or particular sector. Members are appointed for the quality of their leadership, professional credibility, knowledge and added value they will bring. All conflicts of interest are documented and clearly managed.
Core LDN membership is;
- Co- Chairs of the Local Dental Network for Kent and Medway, Surrey and Sussex
- NHS England South Commissioning lead
- Consultant in Dental Public Health – Public Health England
- Patient representative Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Health Education England – Deanery
- Dentist as appointed by the Channel Group
- MCN representative as chosen by the MCNs