- Cover the whole dental pathway, including secondary care and out of hours
- Key role in supporting the development of quality measures for dental secondary care, including CQUIN payments
- Will need to work closely with local authorities and PHE to deliver and develop cohesive oral health strategies and associated commissioning plans
The meetings are held every second month.
Any previous minutes not shown can be forwarded by contacting Gemma Michael at email@example.com
Membership and governance
Membership is locally determined but will include:
- Clinical chair
- Patient representative
- Local clinicians, as agreed
- Other specialists, such as dental public health
- Senior commissioning manager from area team who is responsible for ensuring adequate administrative input and other support
- Dental Care Professional Representative
Members are not necessarily appointed to represent a given interest, they are appointed for the quality of their leadership, credibility and knowledge. An engagement plan, agreed by the network governing body ensures that the network remains inclusive and that the DLPN as a whole is representative of the range of members interests, with a clear focus on improving outcomes. They will typically be appointed for three years and then subject to review, in line with locally agreed governance arrangements.