The Surrey and Sussex Dental LPN is hosted and supported by NHS England South. The LPN enables dental stakeholders to share ideas and feed back to the regional team. This is a great opportunity to influence delivery of NHS dental services across the whole dental pathway including primary care, hospital and community care in and out of hours.
- A small clinically-led Steering Group at the core
- Engagement with the developing Managed Clinical Networks across Surrey and Sussex including the Orthodontic MCN, Restorative MCN, Special Care/Paediatric MCN, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery MCN
- Engagement with the wider community of practitioners, practice owners and others involved in providing services, as well as patients and stakeholders.
The aims of the Dental LPN are to provide a vehicle for clinically led and clinically owned delivery of:
- Quality improvements
- Best outcomes for patients that reflect local need
- Best use of NHS resources
- Planning and delivering integrated care pathways
- Strategies for service planning and health improvements
- Leadership and engagement
- Workforce planning and development
The structure of the Surrey and Sussex Dental LPN is based on a three layer model: a small core team, a larger group which includes MCN representatives and an outer supportive network of stakeholders and partners:
Managed Clinical Networks
The Dental LPN is supported by a number of Managed Clinical Networks (MCNs) that feed into the main LPN meetings. You can find out more about these on our Managed Clinical Networks page.