We value our primary care workforce and want to ensure they are fulfilled and in control of their careers.
Individual coaching is available with a skilled and experienced career coach. The aim of the service is to provide an easy to access, individually tailored coaching service that focuses on supporting you with your career choices.
If you are thinking about your career and what you want from your current role, or if you are thinking about exploring new opportunities and making some changes, investing some time with a coach can be a very helpful thing to do.
Your coach will not have an agenda, they will listen and help you to think through what is right for you. The coaching is designed to support you to take practical steps, take more control over your career direction and proactively advance it.
What might you talk about?
You can choose to talk about whatever is important to you about your career and your career decisions. The coaching is designed to be bespoke to your needs.
To give you an idea, the sorts of things people often talk about include:
- career decisions, options and choices
- current career dilemmas
- future career pathways
- making strategic plans for the future
- preparing for interviews and opportunities
- a potential change in career focus
- developing more meaning or purpose in current roles.
Who is it for?
All staff working in the delivery of primary care services. You will be either employed by the NHS or working with an NHS funded employer delivering an NHS funded primary care contract.
How does it work?
- Sessions are available Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm and Saturday between 10am and 6pm.
- The first session will last up to 45 minutes.
- The sessions will be delivered virtually, preferably via a video platform, but telephone appointments are also available.
- Subsequent sessions will be dependent on the conversation between you and your coach.
- Your coach might signpost you on to further support if they think this might be helpful.
- You may receive follow-up emails to support you in your career once your coaching sessions have finished.
What happens to my information?
Spread the word
You can download this poster to display in your workspace and send to colleagues.
Other coaching offers
Looking after you too – coaching about you and your wellbeing
Looking after your team – coaching about you and your team