Sustainable Improvement is a flexible team providing evidence-based, quality improvement support that helps to deliver NHS England’s priorities and achieve the objectives set out in the Five Year Forward View.
We help to build quality improvement capability at all levels of the health and care system through a combination of facilitated local support and at-scale accessible learning activities and resources.
Our key priorities are to:
- Support the delivery of the Five Year Forward View priorities by designing and commissioning improvement programmes
- Support the wider NHS system to make transformational improvement
Current improvement programmes:
Leading Large Scale Change
Working together with the Horizons Team, we have refreshed and updated the Leading Large Scale Change: A Practical Guide, to reflect today’s unique health and care landscape and challenges. The refreshed guide provides a vital and comprehensive round-up of all the latest thinking and practical approaches and tools that can be used in advancing large scale change programmes.
Improvement Knowledge Hub
Our Improvement Knowledge Hub brings together a wealth of archive improvement knowledge, information and tools to support the delivery of sustainable service improvement from the following NHS organisations:
- NHS Improving Quality
- NHS Improvement (until 31 March 2013)
- NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement
- National Cancer Action Team
- National End of Life Care Programme
- NHS Diabetes and Kidney Care
The Change Model was developed with hundreds of senior leaders, clinicians, commissioners, providers and improvement activists who want to get involved in building energy for change across health and care by adopting a systematic and sustainable approach to improving quality of care.
We have recently refreshed and enhanced the model to include a PDF guide and a series of supporting diagnostic tools to use in your work, including an action planning template and a key questions template for each component of the guide.
- Follow us on Twitter
- NHS Improvement’s Knowledge Hub
- Archived NHS Improving Quality website
- Archived NHS Institute website
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org