Become an Advanced QI HIKER and get recognition for your improvement work!
Advanced HIKER status can be awarded as recognition for completing each of the four courses available in the Improvement Fundamentals programme. in addition to putting your new learning and skills into practice by completing a local improvement project and updating us with the results.
Applications are open twice a year – in September and February.
Current applications are open until 13 October – apply here.
As an Advanced Quality Improvement Health Improvement Knowledge and Experience Resource (QI HIKER) you will receive:
- An Advanced status digital QI Hiker badge to use in email signatures etc.
- A Certificate of Achievement
- An invitation to participate in an online graduation ceremony
- An exclusive bi-annual newsletter featuring:
- Reviews of emerging ideas from the health improvement community
- News and views about international improvement work
- Case studies from other improvement projects.
- An invitation to attend an annual CPD Hike – an online whole day event of extra improvement learning
- News about our sister programmes and information on how to connect with other improvers in your local area.
To really celebrate the excellent work you are all doing in the health and social care community, the top five applications for Advanced HIKER Status will be awarded a personal online coaching session to help them with their project. The project case study will also be turned into a poster and featured in the bi-annual newsletter.
To gain recognition as an Advanced QI HIKER you will need to:
- Complete all four Improvement Fundamentals courses in any order or cohort
- Complete a reflective statement about your improvement project, drawn from your experiences during the course
- Complete both the pre and post MOOC surveys and self-assessments
You can apply in any intake regardless of when you start your studying, giving you ample time to implement your improvement project.