The Quality Improvement (QI) Tools suite of courses will cover all the tools you need to run your improvement project. The suites start with Course 201: Developing Improvement Aims and Conducting PDSA Cycles, which runs from 17 to 21 September 2018.
This course will provide you with an introduction to the field of quality improvement in health and support you to undertake small scale improvement projects. The course will help you to develop an aims statement for your improvement project, practise fishbone diagrams and plan out your first PDSA cycle.
The course is made up of five 30-minute modules:
- The Model for Improvement re-cap and digging a little deeper / identifying gaps between the preferred state and the current state
- Using fishbone diagrams to look at problems more closely
- Developing an aims statement for your project
- Getting started on your own PDSA cycle
- Identifying the next steps in your personal learning needs and developing approaches to address these.
Each module contains an activity at the end that you need to complete in order to complete the mini-course overall.
Course 201 will run again in 2019.