An Introduction to Measurement for Improvement
Course 301 of Improvement Fundamentals, An Introduction to Measurement for Improvement, ran facilitated in November 2018.
The course will give you an introduction to using measures for quality improvement. During the course you will have the opportunity to learn about the importance of measurement in improvement projects, discover the three different types of measures and their uses, apply the different types of measures by completing a measurement plan, and link measurement to the PDSA cycle. It will also enable you to apply this learning to your quality improvement project.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Describe the importance of measurement in improvement work
- Define the three different types of measures and their uses
- Apply the different types of measures by completing a measurement plan
- Explain how measurement is important for each stage in the PDSA cycle
- Identify the next steps in your personal learning needs and develop approaches to address these.
All the Improvement Fundamentals courses run on a monthly cycle throughout the year. See the QI Hikers home page for the latest dates. To enrol or view next available courses, please visit our QI Learning Platform.