Go back to school and drive improvements by creating your own online learning course
Have you thought about the opportunity to engage hundreds or even thousands of people in online improvement learning? Do you want to learn how to run your own interactive and collaborative online courses and live learning events?
NHS England and NHS Improvement will be running “MOOC School” – a series of webinars sharing best practice to guide you through how you can go about setting up and running your own online learning event.
MOOC stands for massive open online course, but the style and skills needed equally apply to collaborative online courses, interactive learning webinars or social events.
The webinars will take you through the principles of building an interactive, collaborative online learning event from concept to completion. For those who want it, the webinars will also teach you how to use the QI Learning Platform – a fantastic resource enabling users to engage participants in a lively and interactive way.
The series is entirely free to participate in and will be led by experts in online improvement learning in health and care – the team behind the award-nominated Improvement Fundamentals programme!
Apply now for January cohort
Consisting of eight live sessions over six weeks plus daily self-paced project work of 4-8 hours per week.
The next public cohort of MOOC School will be January 2021.
Session will cover:
- Teaching and learning skills for design and planning
- Designing assessment and certification of learning
- MOOC features and developing materials
- Design and collect evidence of evaluation and improvements
- Assessment planning and going forward
As part of the programme, you will work toward creating and delivering a 30 minute Learning event. This can be a work-place or personal project, delivered as an online course, webinar or social media event.
How to apply
Places on MOOC School are limited and will be allocated following an application process. To apply, please fill out this form and email it to England.QILearning@nhs.net for consideration in the next intake.
Each session is different and participants are asked to attend all the sessions. If you are not able to join all dates, future dates will be available later in the year.
Application closing date: 13 December 2020.
January 2021 dates
- Tuesday 19 January 2021: 10:00 – 13:00 – Induction
- Thursday 21 January 2021: 10:00 – 13:00 – Teaching and learning skills for design and planning
- Tuesday 26 January 2021: 10:00 – 13:00 – Designing assessment and certification of learning
- Thursday 28 January 2021: 10:00 – 13:00 – MOOC features and developing materials
- Tuesday 2 February 2021; 10:00 – 13:00 – Design and collect evidence of evaluation and improvements
- Thursday 4 February 2021: 10:00 – 13:00 – Building a social network for your alumni and online facilitation skills
- Tuesday 9 February 2021: 10:00 – 13:00 – Assessment planning and going forward
- Thursday 11 February 2021: 10:00 – 13:00 – Optional QI Learning platform