A free, CPD-accredited massive-online course, Lean Intermediate builds more advanced Lean process improvement skills. The course is highly action oriented and introduces core Lean concepts that can be applied immediately to develop practical skills to improve flow across a sequence of processes to enhance care quality and outcomes for our patients, families, carers and staff.
Comprising six, one-hour content modules available 24/7 over an eight-week period, the Lean Intermediate massive-online programme covers:
- Course induction – this will orientate you to the learning platform functionality, course objectives and will help you consider your improvement project scope.
- Introducing coaching kata – provides a structured coaching routine to support leadership of continuous improvement.
- It all starts with demand – helps you apply an eight-step process to study service demand in a healthcare context.
- Mapping value-streams – helps you produce a current state value-stream map (VSM) for a sequence of processes and create an action plan for improvement.
- Making processes flow – introduces strategies for improving flow including how to balance work activities across staff in a sequential line of processes.
- Creating pull processes – supports flow using pull principles in work area design and describes how they can help manage supplies in the workplace.
- Pursuing perfection – introduces practical tactics to reduce the likelihood of errors occurring and offers tips on delivering VSM projects using improvement and coaching kata routines.
You can work through the modules at your own pace and interact with peers and expert faculty through the learning platform to maximise your learning and enhance your ability to rapidly apply Lean concepts in practice.
Our Lean Intermediate level course builds upon our Lean Fundamentals course therefore, to maximise value from your course participation, we recommend that you complete our Lean Fundamentals level course first.
The course will run from 9am on Monday 10 January 2022 to 11.45pm on Sunday 6 March 2022.
Enrolling on the course
To participate in the course you will need to be registered on our Quality Improvement (QI) Learning Platform and enrolled on the course. In readiness could you please follow these registration instructions as soon as possible:
You will be able to access the full range of online materials once you have registered on the platform, enrolled on the course and the course has opened. The course materials and resources will remain available for six weeks until the course closes.
If you experience any technical difficulties, have any questions or queries throughout your learning journey with us, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com