NHS organisations and local councils are developing shared proposals to improve health and care, working in 44 areas covering all of England.
These sustainability and transformation partnerships (STPs) are designed around the needs of whole areas, not just individual organisations.
They have been drawn up by senior figures from different parts of the local health and care system, following discussion with staff, patients and others in the communities they serve.
In 2016, every sustainability and transformation partnership published their initial proposals for development. A number of the partnerships have now evolved into integrated care systems (ICSs).
Over time, some STPs will become integrated care systems (ICSs), in which NHS providers and commissioners choose to take on collective responsibility for resources and population health, often in partnership with local authorities.
View the initial sustainability and transformation plans, published in 2016:
In July 2017, a sustainability and transformation partnerships progress dashboard was published.
Find out more about the STPs in the north region:
- Cheshire and Merseyside
- Durham, Darlington, Teesside, Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby
- Greater Manchester
- Humber, Coast and Vale
- Lancashire and South Cumbria
- Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and North Durham
- South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw
- West, North and East Cumbria
- West Yorkshire and Harrogate
Find out more about the STPs in the Midlands and East region:
- Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes
- Birmingham and Solihull
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Coventry and Warwickshire
- Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- Hertfordshire and West Essex
- Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
- Mid and South Essex
- Norfolk and Waveney
- Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin
- Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent
- Suffolk and North East Essex
- The Black Country
Find out more about the STPs in the London region:
Find out more about the STPs in the South West region:
- Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire
- Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire
- Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
Find out more about the STPs in the South East region:
- Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West
- Frimley Health and Care
- Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
- Kent and Medway
- Surrey Heartlands Health and Care Partnership
- Sussex and East Surrey