Find out more about Birmingham and Solihull sustainability and transformation partnership (STP) including details of its population size, constituent organisations and priorities.
- Developing joined up care out of hospitals. The partnership aims to deliver improved access to local services for everyone when their need is urgent, and more supportive and consistent care for those who need more support including social care.
- Closer working between hospitals to develop a joined up system of hospital services through Birmingham and Solihull, improving efficiency and delivering better outcomes.
- Establishing a Maternity, Children and Young People programme to focus upon issues faced by children within Birmingham and Solihull.
- Giving those with mental health services the same priority as other areas.
- Improving the health and wellbeing of the population by working with local partners, particularly focussing on employment, education, housing and work.
- Working together on key enablers that will help the partnership deliver better health and care, for example new payments and measures of success as well as joint workforce developments and digitalisation.
Which area does the STP cover?
The following map shows the area that Birmingham and Solihull STP covers:
The following organisations are part of Birmingham and Solihull STP. For individual contact details for these organisations, please see the NHS Choices website.
- Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Birmingham City Council
- Birmingham Community Health Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Birmingham Cross City CCG
- Birmingham South Central CCG
- Birmingham Women’s and Children’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
- Solihull CCG
- Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
Contact Birmingham and Solihull STP
STP leader (designate): Dame Julie Moore, Chief Executive, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust