Find out more about Cheshire and Merseyside sustainability and transformation partnership (STP) including details of its population size, constituent organisations and priorities.
There are four strategic priorities that the constituent organisations are committed to delivering together:
- Supporting people to live better quality lives by actively promoting the things that will have a
positive effect on health and wellbeing and reduce reliance on services.
- Working together with partners in local government and the voluntary sector to develop joined up models of care, outside of hospital, to give people the support they need in the right place, from the right professionals at the right time.
- Designing modern, high quality hospital services; reducing variation in quality and ensuring a clinical and financially sustainable hospital system.
- Becoming more efficient by reducing costs in corporate services and maximising the efficiency of clinical support services.
Which area does the STP cover?
The following map shows the area that Cheshire and Merseyside covers:
The following organisations are part of Cheshire and Merseyside STP. For individual contact details for these organisations, please see the NHS Choices website.
Clinical commissioning groups (CCGs)
- Eastern Cheshire
- St Helens
- South Sefton
- Southport and Formby
- South Cheshire
- Vale Royal
- West Cheshire
- Cheshire East
- Cheshire West and Chester
- St Helens
- 5-Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust
- Countess of Chester NHS Foundation Trust
- East Cheshire NHS Trust
- Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust
- Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Liverpool Women’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid-Cheshire Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust
- St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Southport and Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
- The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust
- Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Wirral Community NHS Foundation Trust
- Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Contact Cheshire and Merseyside STP
STP leaders: Andrew Gibson, Executive Chair
Mel Pickup, Chief Executive, Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust