The Information Standard enables your organisation to show commitment to quality evidence-based health and care information and to test whether internal processes are ‘fit for purpose’. Information Standard certified organisations benefit from:
- Enhanced credibility and reputation
- Increased access by the public as their demand for reliable information grows – 72% of the public stated that they think they would be better able to self manage their health and their family’s health if they had quick and easy access to health information that they could trust*
- Real clarity around information production costs across your organisation
- Cost savings – improved internal processes leading to more efficient ways of working
- Reduced risk of litigation due to a clearly defined information audit trail
- A framework for continual improvement
- Increased competitive advantage and more funding opportunities.
*A survey carried out by The Information Standard in November 2010 of 2000 people from England.