These sample documents are intended to help you to manage your recruitment process and paperwork. They do not have to be used, however may give you some tips or provoke some thought on how you would like to proceed with your administration.
Information Pack – what it could include
This template document sets out all of the information that a potential candidate needs to make a decision on whether to apply or not. It contains:
- A letter from xxxxx encouraging people to apply (optional)
- Introduction – about the CCG
- Role and responsibilities
- Qualities required for the role
- On appointment – time commitment, remuneration, induction
- Disqualification from appointment
- Applying for the post – how the applications will be handled, key dates, selection panel membership, who makes the final decision
- How to respond – closing date, alternative formats
- Appendix 1 – The Seven Principles of Public Life
- Appendix 2 – Good Governance Standard for Public Services
- Appendix 3 – Map of CCG area
Highlighted in red, are points that you may wish to consider, such as expected time commitment, travel allowances and who makes the final decision (ie. the panel or the governing body).
Application Form – what it could include
Application forms should only ask questions that are relevant to the role.
Recent best practice suggests that identifying details should be removed from the application form so that panel members can only base their shortlisting decisions on the evidence against the criteria presented to them. If you wish to remove identifying information from the application form please ensure that you have in place a process to support this method (such as a candidate numbering system). You should consider what you would do with CVs (if CVs are a requirement of your application process) as these will inevitably include the personal details of the applicants.
You may wish to speak to your own HR contact with regards application form support.
The following template document sets out what could be included on the application form and includes:
- Name of CCG
- Post advertised
- Ref no (if applicable)
- Candidate details:
- Contact details (inc email)
- Any other NHS or DH posts held
- Declaration of interests
- Ensuring Public Confidence
- Specific expertise (questions testing the criteria)
- Your CV – request to attach CV
Monitoring Information – what it could include
This document sets out what could be included in your monitoring information form. You may have your own version of this via your HR contacts.
(It is best practice for this form to be separated from the application form, and not shown to the panel members)
The following template Monitoring Information Form includes:
- Date of Birth
- Ethnic origin
- Religion (optional)
- Sexuality (optional)
- How you found out about this post
This is part of a supportive suite of resources for Clinical Commissioning Groups to use should they wish to.