This Easter weekend, Londoners should follow government guidance on coronavirus. This includes remembering to wash your hands regularly, wearing a face covering where required, and following the rule of six (meeting outdoors with up to six people or two households). For more information on government advice, visit gov.uk/coronavirus.
If you need medical help over the weekend, please follow our advice:
If you or someone you live with has any of the main coronavirus symptoms (a high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss or change in taste/smell):
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible. Call freephone number 119 or book at uk/coronavirus
- Self-isolate until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
- If your symptoms worsen, or you feel that you can’t manage at home, visit nhs.uk/covid-19 or call freephone number 111 if you don’t have access online.
If you or people you live with don’t have coronavirus symptoms and need advice from a GP:
GP services are available this weekend. If you need to talk to a GP or nurse about something other than coronavirus:
- Contact your own GP practice to be assessed. If the practice isn’t open, call freephone number 111 or visit nhs.uk
- If an appointment or online/telephone consultation is necessary, you’ll be advised of the next steps.
- Remember that A&E and 999 are for emergencies.
If you need advice or medication from a pharmacist:
- For minor medical problems, many local pharmacies will be open and are able to help this weekend – although their opening times may be different.
- Check the opening times for pharmacies in your borough of London here:
There may be additional pharmacies open which are not listed. If the pharmacy you would like to visit is not listed here, then you can check their opening hours by searching at www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-pharmacy
If you or a member of your household or support bubble have coronavirus symptoms, please do not visit a pharmacy.
Visit nhs.uk/coronavirus for information and advice.