Innovation has been central during the global COVID-19 pandemic in finding solutions to complex and urgent challenges.
As a way of supporting innovation, the Accelerated Access Collaborative (AAC) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) have worked in partnership with providers and stakeholders to develop a set of 6 evidence-based principles that are crucial for providers to be effective at adopting innovation.
The principles are:
- Develop and deploy innovation with the people that will use them
- Develop a culture where innovation can happen
- Supporting people
- Adopt the best ideas and share leaning
- Focus on outcomes and impact
- Be flexible when managing change
This was made possible by a grant from the £10million Regulators’ Pioneer Fund launched by The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and administered by Innovate UK.
For more information on these innovation principles, follow the link to read the full report.