This document provides key information about highly specialised services in 2018.
In summary, the information comprises:
• A description of each service
• A list of the expert centres that deliver the service
• NHS England’s total expenditure for each service
• A measure of the activity that each service undertakes (patient numbers fewer than 30 are not included because of the risk of identifying individual patients).
• Clinical outcomes from the service
• Information about geographical equity of access to the service
In a small number of cases, some additional information is provided about the service in relation to service innovation, improvement and listening to and acting on patient feedback.