Contact us

How to get medical help

For help from a GP, visit your GP surgery’s website, use an online service to contact your GP, or call the surgery.

For urgent medical help, use the NHS 111 online service, or call 111 if you are unable to get help online.

For life-threatening emergencies, call 999 for an ambulance.

There is more information about getting medical help on the NHS website.

Are you looking for local GP, dentist or hospital information? Visit

How can we help?

How do I find an NHS dentist?

Where can I find information about making a complaint in easy read?

How can I find out my NHS number?

View more frequently asked questions

Services commissioned by NHS England

NHS England commissions or buys primary care services. For example GPs, dentists, opticians, and pharmacy services. We also commission health and justice, military health services plus some specialised services.

We can advise you how to access, give feedback or make a complaint about the services we commission. If you are thinking of making a complaint, please read the following important information before you contact us:

Services not commissioned by NHS England

NHS England does not commission secondary care (with the exception of specialised services and hospital dental services). This includes hospital care, NHS 111 services, mental health services, out-of-hours services and community services such as district nursing. These services are commissioned by integrated care boards (ICBs). If you need advice about accessing secondary care, you should contact your local ICB. You can find their contact details using the service finder on the NHS website.

How to contact NHS England

Members of the public, patients, and their representatives should contact our Customer Contact Centre.

You can contact us by:

Telephone: 0300 311 22 33
General Post (including complaints, but not legal proceedings): NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT

British Sign Language service

British Sign Language (BSL) users can contact us Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm using a BSL video interpreter. This uses a service called InterpretersLive!, provided by Sign Solutions.

Further information about the service and how to access it is available on the InterpretersLive! website.
For users who are unsure how to download the app, guidance is available in the form of a BSL video.

Our Customer Contact Centre opening hours are 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday, except Wednesdays when we open at the later time of 9.30am. We are closed on bank holidays.

Customers who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired can contact us using the Next Generation Text (NGT) service. You can find more information on the NGTS website.

To call us using the Next Generation Text service,  dial 18001 followed by 0300 311 22 33.