- To provide the strategic direction to support the commissioning and improvement cycle; including identifying needs, contracting, development, assurance and interventions across NHS primary, community and secondary care dental services.
- To drive improvement in outcomes, in line with local and national priorities.
- To ensure the LDN makes a significant contribution towards the development of a coherent Dental Commissioning Strategy.
- To ensure the LDN contributes towards the content of the Joint Strategic Needs Assessments (JSNAs).
- To advise on priorities through the LDN and to contribute expertise to relevant strategic and service reviews.
- To advise on quality standards and specifications and to ensure the LDN develops and agrees local protocols in alignment with national ones.
- To advise of the development of local demand and capacity both personally and through the LDN.
- To advise on measures to be used for monitoring and evaluation of services and approaches to data collection and quality assurance.
- To help implement pathways of care by clinical collaboration and are driven by the outcomes framework.
- To use an evidenced based approach to improvement – use of NHS change model.
- Improve system working/reduce fragmentation and system resilience
Any previous minutes not shown can be forwarded by contacting Gemma Michael at email@example.com