The Department today published call statistics to the NHS 111 service for December from the seven sites providing this service
The main findings for January 2012 were:
- In January, there were 75,031 calls to the 111 service, with 76% of these calls from people directly dialling 111. Scaled up, this would represent 12.7 million calls per year across England to the NHS 111 service.
- In January, 96% of answered calls made to NHS111 where answered within 60 seconds. Of all calls offered 2% were abandoned after waiting longer than 30 seconds.
- Average length of a call episode for data up to and including January was 9 minutes 17 seconds, with 79% of callers receiving a triage and 2% of answered calls called back.
- On average 29% of call time was handled by clinical staff for all calls up to and including January.
- For the period between April to October 2011, 92% of callers were very or fairly satisfied with their NHS111 experience.