Creating a new NHS England: NHS Digital and NHS England have now merged. Health Education England will join us in April 2023. Learn more.
Dental Commissioning Statistics, England – December 2017
These statistics show the volume of Units of Dental Activity (UDAs) commissioned by the 14 Local Offices as at the end of December 2017, for the upcoming 12 months.
Please note that the NHS England South region has recently been divided into two regions – the South West and the South East. Figures are presented here for the old ‘South’ region as we await further clarification on the division of the region and new regional codes. The Dental Commissioning Statistics for next quarter will fully reflect this change.
UDAs are a measure of the amount of work done during dental treatment. More complex dental treatments count for more UDAs than simpler ones.
The figures are broken down into two groups:
- UDAs commissioned where the dental service is being provided;
- UDAs commissioned in contracts not yet delivering services (for example, UDAs in new contracts, where the contract has been signed but the dental activity has not yet started).
Key findings this quarter:
- 87.6 million UDAs had been commissioned as at 31st December 2017.
- This is a decrease of 587,000 (-0.7%) compared to UDAs commissioned in September 2017, and a decrease of 825,000 (-0.9%) compared to December 2016.
- UDAs commissioned but not yet delivering services represent 0 % of all UDAs commissioned as at December 2017.
For more detailed analysis:
DC01 December 2017 Detailed Paper (DOCX, 682KB)
Dental Commissioning 2017-12 (CSV, 3KB)
Dental Commissioning 2017-12 (XLS, 15KB)