Creating a new NHS England: NHS Digital and NHS England have now merged. Health Education England will join us in April 2023. Learn more.
Dental Commissioning Statistics, England – June 2018
These statistics show the volume of Units of Dental Activity (UDAs) commissioned by the 14 Local Offices as at the end of June 2018, for the upcoming 12 months.
UDAs are a measure of the amount of work done during dental treatment. More complex dental treatments count for more UDAs than simpler ones.
The figures are broken down into two groups:
- UDAs commissioned where the dental service is being provided;
- UDAs commissioned in contracts not yet delivering services (for example, UDAs in new contracts, where the contract has been signed but the dental activity has not yet started).
Key findings this quarter:
- 88 million UDAs had been commissioned as at 30th June 2018.
- This is an increase of 419,000 (+0.5%) compared to UDAs commissioned in March 2018, and a decrease of 233,000 (-0.3%) compared to June 2017.
- UDAs commissioned but not yet delivering services represent 0.2% of all UDAs commissioned as at June 2018.
For more detailed analysis:
DC01 June 2018 Detailed Paper (DOCX, 682KB)
Dental Commissioning 2018-06 (XLS, 15KB)
Dental Commissioning 2018-06 (CSV, 15KB)