Pharmacists make a difference to the lives of their patients through an expert knowledge of medicines and health.
Helping people live longer and healthier lives depends on the safe use of medicines and excellent healthcare advice. Pharmacists’ unique expertise and knowledge makes them essential members of the healthcare team.
Pharmacists can help you by:
- giving advice and information about your health and minor ailments.
- Supporting you to manage and get the best from your repeat prescriptions.
- supporting you to manage your long term conditions.
Would you like to become a Pharmacist? Find out more here.
Clinical pharmacists are highly qualified experts in medicines and can help people in a range of ways. This includes carrying out structured medication reviews for patients with ongoing health problems and improving patient safety, outcomes and value through a person-centred approach.
How can a Pharmacist help you?
Shiv is a Clinical Pharmacist working in Yorkshire and he helps his patients by:
- reviewing your medication and making sure it isn’t causing you side effects.
- suggesting changes to your medication so that it works best for you.
- helping you manage your medication and making sure it fits into your lifestyle.