The information below relates to the CVD prevention pathway.
- Ensure 100% practice participation in the National Diabetes Audit
- Use audit data to focus quality improvement initiatives to improve achievement of the eight key processes and three treatment targets.
- Work with practices and local authorities to maximise NHS Health Check uptake and follow up
- Build local primary care leadership to challenge unwarranted variation and drive quality improvement in detection and management
- Work with practices and education providers to maximise referral, uptake and retention in patient education programmes
- Ensure all patients with diabetes have access to routine care by a trained diabetes nurse
- Consider commissioning systematic support for adherence from community pharmacists through medicines use reviews (MURs)
- Action on Diabetes
- NICE pathway on diabetes
- National Diabetes Audit
- PRIMIS diabetes care quality improvement tool
- Case study 1: Improving the detection and prevention of Type 2 diabetes – Bradford Beating Diabetes (BBD)
- Case study 2: Diabetes UK – Diabetes education and self-management
- Case study 3: Community pharmacists in the front line
- Case study 4: Devon Diabetes MUR+ and Diabetes Risk Assessment: Summary of Pharmacist led diabetes support service