- South West Local Area
- Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
- Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
- 2Gether NHS Mental Health Foundation Trust
External review of all Independent Investigations following Mental Health Homicides
To ensure that NHS England continues to commission high quality independent investigations that influence and support system wide development and improvement, NHS England commissioned an external review of all Independent Investigations following Mental Health Homicides (IIMHH) and the national governance arrangements underpinning this work. The review considered investigations undertaken between 2013 – 2017.
- External review independent investigations Executive Summary
- External review independent investigation report
NHS England have accepted the report findings and have developed an action plan which is being implemented and monitored via the regional and national governance mechanisms.
NHS England’s Independent Investigation Governance Committee would like to thank the authors, external partners, lay representatives and regional leads who contributed to the review.