These statistics show the volume of Units of Dental Activity (UDAs) commissioned by the 14 Local Offices as at the end of December 2016, for the upcoming 12 months.
UDAs are a measure of the amount of work done during dental treatment. More complex dental treatments count for more UDAs than simpler ones.
The figures are broken down into two groups:
- UDAs commissioned where the dental service is being provided;
- UDAs commissioned in contracts not yet delivering services (for example, UDAs in new contracts, where the contract has been signed but the dental activity has not yet started
Key findings this quarter:
- 88.5 million UDAs had been commissioned as at 31st December 2016.
- This is a decrease of 361,600 (-0.4%) compared to UDAs commissioned in September 2016, and a decrease of 483,800 (-0.5%) compared to December 2015.
- UDAs commissioned but not yet delivering services represent 0.01% (5,400) of all UDAs commissioned as at December 2016.
For more detailed analysis:
Please note that there was a typo in the original document so these have been updated.