Patients and Information
- John Coulthard (formerly Senior Director, Healthcare and Life Sciences, Microsoft UK) has been appointed Director of Customer Relations. John will lead the programme to support the NHS become a global leader in customer services, transforming ways in which patients, the public and those who serve them can take more control and make more informed care choices – in particular, by making new online, telephone and broadcast services inclusive and accessible.
- Beverley Bryant (currently Managing Director, Capita Health Division) has been appointed Director of Strategic Systems and Technology. Beverley will design and implement a new technology strategy in health and social care that will unleash the power of digital services to improve outcomes and experience for patients and the public.
- Geraint Lewis (currently Senior Director, Outcomes and Analytics, Walgreens) has been appointed Director of Open Information. Geraint will put high quality data at the heart of commissioning in health and social care by leading the Care.data programme – a comprehensive data service to support improvement in patient outcomes and experience. In this context, Geraint will lead on development of modern standards in information governance and patient confidentiality and will also focus on enabling data sharing and access by championing Open Data and transparency.
- Samantha Riley (currently Director of Information for Service Improvement, The Quality Observatory, NHS South of England) has been appointed Director of Insight. Samantha will put the patient voice at the heart of health and social care by developing leading-edge and inclusive customer insight strategies for the NHS to support commissioning and improvements in the quality of services.
These four appointments will complete the director-level recruitment to the Patients & Information directorate.
Tim Kelsey, National Director for Patients and Information said:
“The NHS exists to save and improve lives. This means we have to transform the way we use information and technology so that everybody can make the right decisions at the right time and so that, at all times, the voice of the patient and the public is heard when health and social care services are designed and delivered. I’m delighted that we have secured such talented people to work in the Patients and Information team and lead the transformation of transparency and participation in health and social care.”
- Ben Browne (Director of People and Organisational Development at De Montfort University) has been appointed to Director of Human Resources. Ben will hold a critical role leading the HR provision for the NHS Commissioning Board including the development and delivery of a progressive HR strategy and delivery of an effective and comprehensive HR service.
Comments on this page are now closed.