Our advice for clinicians on the coronavirus is here.
If you are a member of the public looking for health advice, go to the NHS website. And if you are looking for the latest travel information, and advice about the government response to the outbreak, go to the gov.uk website.
The NHS Commissioning Board Authority has confirmed the appointment of the following five National Directors:
- Chief Operating Officer – Ian Dalton (currently Cluster Chief Executive, NHS North of England)
- Chief of Staff – Jo-Anne Wass (currently NHS Chief of Staff)
- National Director: Commissioning Development – Dame Barbara Hakin (currently National Managing Director of Commissioning Development)
- National Director: Improvement and Transformation – Jim Easton (currently National Director for Improvement and Efficiency)
- National Director: Policy, Corporate Development and Partnership – Bill McCarthy (currently Managing Director, NHS Commissioning Board Authority)
Welcoming the appointments, Chief Executive of the NHS Commissioning Board Authority, Sir David Nicholson said: “I’m delighted to announce these key appointments to join Sir Bruce Keogh, National Medical Director, on our senior leadership team.
“Each individual brings a wealth of experience and professional knowledge that, combined together, gives us a truly outstanding team to take the NHS forward. With this calibre of skills and expertise we have the greatest opportunity to develop the NHS Commissioning Board into a strong, patient-focused and clinically-led organisation that is absolutely driven by the single vision of improving quality and patient outcomes.”
The three remaining posts of Chief Nursing Officer, National Director of Finance and National Director of Patient and Public Engagement, Insight and Informatics are expected to be appointed in the coming months.
Subject to passage of the Health and Social Care Bill, these posts are expected to transfer to the NHS Commissioning Board once it is established as an Executive Non Departmental Public Body later in 2012.
Comments on this page are now closed.