The NHS Commissioning Board Authority has announced the appointment of Paul Baumann as the National Director of Finance.
Paul, currently Director of Finance at NHS London, is the seventh of nine National Directors to be appointed to the Board.
Chief Executive of the NHS Commissioning Board Authority, Sir David Nicholson said: “I’m delighted to welcome Paul to the Board. As a highly respected and experienced Director of Finance, he is an extremely valuable asset to our senior leadership team. His strong reputation and excellent track-record will be vital as we work to achieve maximum health benefit for the nation from the resources we invest.”
The two remaining posts of Chief Nursing Officer and National Director of Patient and Public Engagement, Insight and Informatics are expected to be appointed in the coming months.
Subject to passage of the Health and Social Care Bill, Board appointments are expected to transfer to the NHS Commissioning Board once it is established as an Executive Non Departmental Public Body later in 2012.
The seven National Directors posts now appointed to the Commissioning Board Authority are as follows:
- Chief Operating Officer – Ian Dalton
- Chief of Staff – Jo-Anne Wass
- Director of Commissioning Development – Dame Barbara Hakin
- Director of Finance – Paul Baumann
- Director of Improvement and Transformation – Jim Easton
- Director of Policy, Corporate Development and Partnership – Bill McCarthy
- Medical Director – Sir Bruce Keogh