Creating a new NHS England: NHS Digital and NHS England have now merged. Health Education England will join us in April 2023. Learn more.
National Director for Patients and Information appointed
The NHS Commissioning Board Authority has today completed the recruitment of its national leadership team with the appointment of Tim Kelsey as National Director for Patients and Information.
Tim is currently Executive Director of Transparency and Open Data for HM Government where he has been responsible for government policy on transparency and open government. Previously, he was responsible for the design and launch of NHS Choices – the online NHS information service.
Chief Executive of the NHS Commissioning Board Authority, Sir David Nicholson said: “I’m delighted to welcome Tim as the final member of our National Director team. Tim comes to the Board Authority with a vast range of experience and expertise, which I know will ensure that the patient voice is at the very heart of everything that we do”.
Tim said: “I am thrilled to be joining the NHS Commissioning Board Authority. As a new organisation, we have a huge opportunity to be truly patient-focused and clinically-led and work in new and innovative ways to deliver real improvements in patient outcomes and experience.”
The completed team of National Directors appointed to the NHS Commissioning Board Authority is as follows:
- Chief Nursing Officer – Jane Cummings
- Chief Operating Officer – Ian Dalton
- Chief of Staff – Jo-Anne Wass
- Director of Commissioning Development – Dame Barbara Hakin
- Director of Finance – Paul Baumann
- Director of Transformation – Jim Easton
- Director for Patients and Information – Tim Kelsey
- Director of Policy, Corporate Development and Partnership – Bill McCarthy
- Medical Director – Sir Bruce Keogh
Board appointments will transfer to the NHS Commissioning Board once it is established as an Executive Non Departmental Public Body in October 2012.
Follow Tim Kelsey on twitter @tkelsey1
Comments on this page are now closed.