The Care.Data Programme closed in 2016
Following today’s media coverage on the care.data programme NHS England would like to clarify the following points in relation to patient care.
- Under the care.data programme no patient data has been collected so far from GPs
- The Pathfinder stage will test the care.data programme in four different English regions
- The opt out for the care.data programme will apply to confidential GP data being used for purposes beyond direct care
- The opt out is not currently live and will not impact upon direct care
- How we communicate this to patients will be tested in the Pathfinder areas