Our advice for clinicians on the coronavirus is here.
If you are a member of the public looking for health advice, go to the NHS website. And if you are looking for the latest travel information, and advice about the government response to the outbreak, go to the GOV.UK website.
Following today’s media coverage on the care.data programme NHS England would like to clarify the following points in relation to patient care.
- Under the care.data programme no patient data has been collected so far from GPs
- The Pathfinder stage will test the care.data programme in four different English regions
- The opt out for the care.data programme will apply to confidential GP data being used for purposes beyond direct care
- The opt out is not currently live and will not impact upon direct care
- How we communicate this to patients will be tested in the Pathfinder areas