The theme for this year’s Chief Nursing Officer’s Summit will be ‘Leading Change and Creating Value’.
The Summit, to be staged in Birmingham on 1 and 2 December 2015, will be attended by up to 500 senior nurses, patient representatives, academics and other Arm’s Length Bodies involved in shaping the future of health and care.
An impressive list of speakers, includes:
- Brian Dolan – Director of Service Improvement, Canterbury District Health Board, New Zealand and Director, Qualitas Consortium, Melbourne, Australia;
- Jos De Blok – Founder, Director and CEO, Buurtzorg Nederland;
- Pat Rutherford – Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA;
- Jeremy Hunt MP, Secretary of State for Health;
- Dr Jocelyn Cornwell, Chief Executive, Point of Care Foundation;
- Michael West, Head of Thought Leadership, The King’s Fund;
- Sir David Dalton – Chief Executive, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust;
- Dee Roach – Director of Nursing, Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust, and
- Sam Jones – Director, New Care Models, NHS England
Jane Cummings, Chief Nursing Officer for England, said: “Bringing together representatives from different parts of the health and care system is a unique opportunity to take a whole and rounded view of the health economy, the opportunities and challenges it presents, and how we can learn from and support each other to make a difference to staff and the people we care for.”
Delegates at the Summit will also reflect on the achievements of the ‘Compassion in Practice’ strategy as it enters its concluding phase, and will explore the development of a new vision and strategy.
- The Chief Nursing Officer for England’s Summit will take place 1 – 2 December at the Hilton Metropole, Birmingham.
- For Twitter updates about the Summit, follow #cnosummit on @6CsLive
- Now read a blog from Jane Cummings where she further explains the value of this year’s CNO Summit.