On 13 October 2016, NHS England launched a consultation on four related policies that describe how NHS England will make decisions on funding for treatments that are not currently routinely commissioned.
The four policies are: in-year service developments, individual funding requests, funding experimental and unproven treatments, and continuing funding after clinical trials.
The public consultation will ensure the policies help NHS England make the most effective, sustainable and fair use of its finite resources. The key themes of the consultation findings and feedback will be published on the NHS England website.
A series of events will be run in conjunction with the consultation.
Face to face events
- 29 November 2016 10:00am – 12:00pm London
- 7 December 2016 10:30am – 12:30pm Manchester
- 30 November 2016 3.30pm – 5pm
- 6 December 2016 4.00pm – 5.30pm
- 3 January 2017 – 2.30pm – 4.00pm
- 9 January 2017 – 3.00pm – 4.30pm