Demand and capacity core model
This model will help you to understand the demand and capacity needs of services with a simple pathway.
The core model is suitable for elective services with ‘simple’ pathways e.g. where patients are referred in, booked ahead (more than one day) for an appointment, and then move on to their next stage of treatment after being seen.
You can use these models to inform decision-making and planning in supporting the delivery of timely care to patients.
This model will provide an estimate of:
- the capacity needed to meet the demand for your service
- the appropriate size for your waiting list in order to see patients in a timely manner.
- Core model technical guidance
- Demand and capacity: Core model (blank) – A blank spreadsheet ready for you to complete.
- Demand and capacity: Core model (populated) – A copy of the core model populated with sample data.
We are always looking to improve our work. If you have comments and feedback, please email email@example.com.
Further information on demand and capacity.