NHS England’s stand for 2016 promises to be a central hub of engaging and exciting activity; featuring a mini theatre packed with inspiring presentations, re-charge point for your phones and laptops and brand new for this year, the Workplace Wellness pod.
Meet our experts
A range of NHS England experts will be available on the stand over the course of Expo to talk about NHS England’s big programmes of work. Why not ask your questions and find out more from the following areas:
- General Practice including the GP Forward View, Patient Online and Social Prescribing
- Future Focussed Finance
- Maternity Transformation Programme
- Mental Health
- Patient focussed topics including; Patient Experience, Patient Choice and Personal Health Budgets
- Digital Technology
- Oral Health
- Long Term Conditions
- Sustainable Improvement
- Learning Disabilities
- Industry Representative Regulation
- NHS England senior leaders; including Matthew Swindells, Professor Keith McNeil, Will Smart and Juliet Bauer
The stand is also host to other forward thinking organisations whose work helps to continuously improve health and care across England and the UK. Come and hear more from:
- Breathe Magic: Using magic to improve physical and mental health for people with a range of conditions
- Riversigners Makaton Choir: Promoting the UK’s leading language programme used by adults and children with communication and learning disabilities
- NHS Youth Forum: Providing a voice and improving services for young people across the country
- NHS Interim Management and Support: Supporting the NHS to meet its capacity and capability needs
- NHS Shared Business Services: How e-invoicing will transform the NHS workplace
New for this year, is the Workplace Wellness pod in association with Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network. This comes one year on from NHS England Chief Executive Simon Steven’s speech at Expo 2015, on how the NHS needs to improve the health and wellbeing of 1.3m health service staff, in a bid to benefit both staff and taxpayers. Find out more about staying healthy and well at work, treat yourself to a free massage and help yourself to one of your five a day. Professionals will also be on hand for further guidance and advice.
iPads and a re-charge bar will be available free to use over the two days. The stand also features two screens showing live feeds from both main stages, so you will not miss out on all the fantastic speakers lined up. You can find the stand next to the Digital Health zone in the main hall
Make sure you follow @NHSEnglandEvent for all NHS England activity at Expo 2016!