It is important to make sure that the needs of patients are central to the development of new care models, embedding the National Voices ‘I statements’ in:
- patient centred care planning
- implementing integrated personalised commissioning/personal health budgets, and
- supporting patient choice.
Some Pioneers have already made great progress in these areas. We are working with leading edge sites to:
- develop and share good practice on patient centred care planning
- ensure that patient choice is built into new models of care
- integrate work on integrated personalised commissioning with new models of care
- Self-management from rhetoric to reality
- Integrated Care in London: Case for Change – London Health and Care Integration Collaborative
- Coalition for Collaborative Care: An alliance of a growing number of people and organisations committed to achieving person centred, collaborative care.
- Health Foundation – Person Centered Care resource Centre
- Kings Fund – from vision to action: making patient centred care a reality
- Personal Health Budgets: Information and news about the Department of Health’s personal health budgets policy being rolled out nationally in the NHS; and is home to a learning network for NHS and social care professionals involved in personal health budgets
- Year of Care: Year of Care aims to provide personalised care planning for people with long term conditions by working in partnership with patients and care profession