This professional nurse advocate (PNA) checklist forms part of the NHS England national PNA implementation guidance. It summarises the duties NHS England regional PNA advisors should discharge in their role.
- Connect with all NHS organisations to ensure the effective implementation of the PNA role into practice.
- Support the regional and local co-ordination of nationally-funded PNA training places.
- Establish local, system and regional PNA networks.
- Ensure governance processes are in place to monitor the implementation of the PNA role across their region and link with the national team.
- Produce a monthly report collating the local and regional PNA data as well as any associated action/resolution undertaken, and share this with the national NHS England PNA team.