The vanguard and the people it serves
The overall vision of the Working Together vanguard is to be one of the most innovative, safe, caring, responsive, effective, well led and efficient health and care systems by 2020.
Working together on a number of common issues, this partnership aims to strengthen each organisation’s ability to deliver safe, sustainable and efficient local services and improve the health and wellbeing of local people.
The Working Together Programme was established in March 2013 and is a partnership between seven acute hospital trusts in South Yorkshire, Mid Yorkshire and North Derbyshire, which are:
- Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Together the trusts cover 15 hospital sites with approximately 45,000 staff, serving a population of approximately 2.3 million people.
What is changing?
The trusts will work together to improve patient safety and care and to make systems more efficient in ways which any individual organisation would not be able to achieve by acting alone.
By sharing collective expertise and knowledge, they will improve quality, safety and patients’ experience of the care system.
Services will reduce the variation in care quality for patients by sharing best practice to learn from each other and developing the same new ways of working.
Patient information systems will be joined up across the organisations to improve safety and patient experience.
The trusts also hope that by developing innovative new ways of working, they will help hospital specialities recruit and retain specialist staff.
- Safe and sustainable new models of care
- Organisations working together to make savings where they can