This professional nurse advocate (PNA) checklist forms part of the NHS England and NHS Improvement national PNA implementation guidance. It summarises the duties NHS England and NHS Improvement regional PNA advisors should discharge in their role.
- Connect with all NHS organisations to ensure the effective implementation of the PNA role into practice.
- Support the regional and local co-ordination of nationally-funded PNA training places.
- Establish local, system and regional PNA networks.
- Ensure governance processes are in place to monitor the implementation of the PNA role across their region and link with the national team.
- Produce a monthly report collating the local and regional PNA data as well as any associated action/resolution undertaken, and share this with the national NHS England and NHS Improvement PNA team.