Compassion in Practice is our joint strategy and will help us transform the care we provide, in all care and support settings, throughout England every day and for everyone.
The implementation plans are a living, breathing and integral part of the strategy. We must ensure that we are responsive to the changing needs of the people we care for and support.
A full Equality and Diversity Impact Assessment will be completed for each piece of work outlined within the six areas of action.
All the plans have relevance to health and social care and during the implementation we have worked across action areas 1 – 6 to recognise the impact they have across the whole system.
NHS England and the National Federation of Nurse Leaders have overseen the delivery of these plans with Department of Health leading on Action Area 1. All members reported on the progress of these plans to their organisational board. The National Federation of Nurse Leaders have committed to championing and supporting the values, behaviours and work that underpins the Compassion in Practice Strategy.
National bodies and regulators such as the Department of Health, Public Health England, Health Education England, the Care Quality Commission, the Nursing and Midwifery Council, the National Trust Development Agency, NHS Employers and Monitor also lead on a range of initiatives. Further, the initiatives detailed in these plans were supported by key stakeholders such as Unison, the Royal College of Nursing and the Royal College of Midwives.
Care is our business and together we will further develop our culture of compassionate care. We would welcome comments and feedback on these plans. Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summary Implementation Plans
- 2014-15 Compassion in Practice Implementation Plans
- Action area 1: helping people to stay independent, maximising well-being and improving health outcomes
- Action area 2: working with people to provide a positive experience of care
- Action area 3: delivering high quality care and measuring impact
- Action area 4: building and strengthening leadership
- Action area 5: ensuring we have the right staff, with the right skills, in the right place
- Area 6: supporting Positive Staff Experience